Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Card Hop {Viva Las VegaStamps!}

Yay! Blog hop time with the fabulous VLVS! Design Team.


We've lined up to offer you some inspiration when it comes to Christmas Cards! There is a prize so be sure to stop by each blog and leave some love. One random comment wins a LB O' Rubber and a Christmas themed Grab Bag! 

Our hop :
Onto my card eh?? I went with a woodsy sort of "All around good time" card using the Peace On Earth sentiment.


The base of the card is kraft cardstock. I livened up the background by stamping the brand new Sheet Music Background in nice rich Archival Black ink. I've been doing this whole creating new stamps thing a long time now, and even I'm surprised by the detail and glory this new background stamp has.



Peace On Earth was stamped in the same ink on a matching piece of kraft paper and then trimmed to size. The white block is a piece of white cardstock diecut. I trimmed off one side and adhered it down with Miracle Tape.



This version of Alice with Fawn/Deer is also from the brand new release. I adore how earthly, loving, and down to earth she feels. She makes a great Holiday themed stamp and gives her a little break from that maddening world.



My card was finished with a bundle of May Arts Twine, vintage button and some UmWowStudio Star Confetti

Thanks for stopping by today -- don't forget to leave me some love and then you're onto Glenda

19 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I like the rustic feel of it. Cool tag below too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really lovely card, and proves that the Christmas- feeling doesn't require a huge array of Christmas products. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and the music stamp. I am going to HAVE to make a trip to Viva Las Vegas before Christmas. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME Card DeeDee.....ESPECIALLY LOVE the sheet music background!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great artistic, non traditional Christmas Card. I like.....
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. Love the music background and your twine bow. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking card,
    nice stamp set.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fibers. Just adds to the woodsy-ness.

    Merry Christmas!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the musical backgroung.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the organic feel of this card!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As soon as I saw the preview pics I knew this one was yours...its fabulous. I love the black musical background on the kraft and the button twine and the um wow stars are perfect. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your star confetti is the perfect touch. Love the sheet music image too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a really lovely card! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty card! I love the stamps and woodsy look!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! I love the simple design. Love the music background...Christmas Carols!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was thinking of using Kraft card stock as well! Thanks for the inspiration! Really enjoy your card!

    ReplyDelete